CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > CP2020: J is for Jovian

CP2020: J is for Jovian A Cyberpunk play-by-post administered by Baelfyre.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:25 PM
TinSoldier

Default Characters

I'll leave the "rules" thread for Baelfyre and this will be a thread to post our characters online, and to discuss their roles within the party.

Mahmoud ibn Khalid al A'ttar is a Med Tech.

(More later -- I'll write his background offline and then paste it here)

(Added skinweave to character; updated total credits).)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mahmoud.zip (84.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by TinSoldier; 09-22-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

The only thing I see that may be a problem is no skinweave. Was that deliberate?
Old 09-21-2008, 04:49 PM
TinSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baelfyre View Post
The only thing I see that may be a problem is no skinweave. Was that deliberate?
Do I need it? I don't think I've ever purchased it before.

Then again, it's been awhile since I've played.

I'll see about getting some.

Edit: Obviously I am suffering from some selective reading...

Last edited by TinSoldier; 09-21-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:24 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Your mailbox is full Baelfyre, so, Ill post this here I suppose

Rebecca Sinclair (rough rough draft)

Rebecca Sinclair is a young SINless lady from the slums of X, but wasn't that bad off. She wasn't that bad off because her parents providers of illegal entertainment. Not drugs, BTLs or other nasty things, no, illegal entertainment that was a net social good. Her parents ran a circus.

Being extremely protective of their beloved daughter, they kept her well guarded by toughs packing heat (carefully vetted to be socially acceptable), spending more time with bodyguards and not much time with her very busy parents, and aided perhaps by a few to many holovids decided she totally wanted to be a gunslinger. Her parents thought the best way to get rid of this dubious interest was to smother it in approval, so acquired a tutor and set her up with a strict regiment of lessons. Much to her parents surprise she didnt get bored, complain or slack off and enthusiastically pursued her lessons. Her parents were not surprised she had genuine talent for it (Rebecca of course being a special snowflake in the eyes of her parents, with the gift to succeed at anything.)

So they lavished training (and whatever else is needed for successful pursuit of this in CP2020) upon her, and when she got good enough even made her part of the show. All was wonderful until Bad Thing Happened (need a bad thing which probably will have some plot significance, but any good Cyberpunk Adventuress needs a Bad Thing in their past to explain why they are adventurers/shadowrunners, even if that Bad Thing just happens to be they were born in this world)

So, after bad thing happened Rebecca became an Adventurer, either due to the specifics of the Bad Thing, or due to a certain lack of marketable skills for other jobs and a desire to maintain her Standard of Living (aka being alive)

---------------------------------------------

Character idea
Due to a life of circus and gunslinger training to this point (and whatnot goes with training) Rebecca is crazy fast, acrobatic and good with a gun. However, due to being introduced to guns as forms of defense and entertainment, Rebecca doesnt really want to leave a trail of bodies in her wake (unless they really deserve it) and generally wants to be a nice person (as much as she can be, denizen of a cyberpunk genre setting that she is)

Thus hopefully have her abilities such that she can shoot guns out of hands/cut peoples belts, cut a rope etc and other spiffy things like that, and if she does actually want someone dead be able to endeavor to do with a single shot neatly placed to the targets brain in an instant fashion rather than filling them with several pounds of lead

Notably envision her using revolvers if such is feasible

--------------------------------

Dont know if this is or isnt a feasible idea for CP2020, but is a generic cyberpunk genre character
Old 09-22-2008, 01:38 AM
TinSoldier

So... maybe a Nomad?

That sounds closest to me.

Nomad's career skills are:
Family
Awareness/Notice
Endurance
Melee
Rifle
Drive
Basic Tech
Wilderness Survival
Brawling
Athletics

Family is the Nomad's special ability in that no other class has it. Here is the definition:
Quote:
Family (Nomad): This is the ability to call upon the resources and help of any of the members of the Nomad's large, extended tribal family. This can be in the form of weapons, cash, information, or a small army of relatives. The threat of a Nomad family's vengeance may in itself stop harm to the Nomad. The higher your Family ability, the more important you are to the Family and the more help you can call upon. With a Family status of +2, you might get several of the Pack to help you wreck a town, for example. With a status of +7 or +8, you are able to make major Pack decisions and lead troops. Family is applied to your intelligence stat.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the basic idea is 'fighter, firearm using', I expect heavy editing of the background and concept to fit them to the basic idea to come (notice I said 'rough rough draft' instead of just 'rough draft')
Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

A Nomad could work; they have combat skills as role skills as I recall. We'll have to work on your lifepath. However, the real combat monster for CP2020 is the Solo.

In answer to your question, Cyberpunk is a very, very, dark future. The corporations own everything, it's raining, and the last sunflower is probably in some corporate's private garden.

The Earth is barren in huge swaths; the only real exceptions are Corp plantations. Technology is very high; cybernetics are common and tend to drive you insane.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Well, generally for my first character in a new system I go for as much of an Avatar of Enemy Nullification as I can

So basically the setting is such that Shadowrun looks like the land of sunshine and singing frolicing animals? Got it
Old 09-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Ladyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to behold

I'm going to play a solo. I'm resurrecting a character I've tried to play twice before hopefully the third time is the charm. Spyke is a street kid who has picked up the odd cybernetic and skill here and there. I'll do the writeup tomorrow and post it.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:53 PM
TinSoldier

Yeah, I've been lazy on my writeup although most of the information is in Mahmoud's lifepath already. I just need to prose it out.

It's in my head...