CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > CP2020: J is for Jovian

CP2020: J is for Jovian A Cyberpunk play-by-post administered by Baelfyre.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future
Default A Very Dead End

A Very Dead End

+12 seconds
Spike walked away from the burning limo and the dead men. She had a name now. Frederik Montoya. All she had to do now was find him. She would have her revenge for her sisters.

-5 minutes
Spike waited on Ramses, the MPK-11 hidden under the trench coat. Limo, one bodyguard/driver. She’d used the last of her favors here, setting up a traffic jam. Hired a net runner to hack the onboard GPS and direct them down through an abandoned area. Ramses knew who her sister had been working for. And he’d tell her. Or his corpse would.

Gametime
The limo nosed down the alley slowly, and Spike stepped out, raising the MPK-11. The grenade launcher spoke first, the HEAT grenade blowing a hole clear through the front of the limo. The 12mm AP rounds followed, stitching through the windshield across the drivers torso and head in a spray of blood and bone.

+5 seconds
Moving in a blur, Spike reached the door to the limo, and wrenched it off. Ramses fired twice, but the spidersilk took the impact. Aiming carefully to avoid the head, Spike riddled the torso. The blood soaked torso flopped forward.

+7 seconds
Still moving in a blur, Spike plugged the gizmo the net runner had giver her into the corpse’s plugs. From there, Heaven hacked the corpse’s brain and neural ware, racing the shutdown codes that had activated on death. Looking for the secret Spike had given so much for.

+10 seconds
“Ok, I’ve got a name but not much else. Frederik Montoya. I’ll look into it and give you what comes up. Come back by tonight. 8pm.”
Old 10-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Ladyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to behold

Spyke quickly rifles through the corpse's pockets. Maybe she can delay things a bit if she makes it look like a robbery. Probably not but it's worth a try.

After emptying his pockets she quickly leaves the scene. It's time to put some distance between her and the alley.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

Spike dropped all her equipment in the drop spot, and then changed into the jumpsuit that had been left there. The thermite pack went off behind her, severing all connection to the person who'd just wasted an Arasaka manager.

She hoped.

She hurried through the streets and alleys, heading to see a demoness named Heaven.

The meet was at Leroy's Bar and Grill. It wasn't where they had met before, but Heaven changed locations's weekly. Inside, she slipped through the crowd, heading straight for the back room.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Ladyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to behold

Wondering why Heaven would make her office in a dive like this Spyke heads for the bar. "Whiskey, a double." She smiles her thanks at the 'tender. Throws back the drink and heads to the back room. Taking a deep breath to brace herself she heads into the back room.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Ailing Ninja

"Well, if it isn't the wrecking crew itself... have a seat" Heaven says in a wry voice. "As per our deal, this is what I can give you. Your sister was working for a man named Frederik Montoya. He's an ex-soldier with a tech specialty, enlisted at 17 from a gang beef. He worked on both the Ospry and AV-1 projects. He fought in Afghanistan, Iraq, and most of Central America, acquiring half a dozen assorted medals ranging from a Purple Heart to a Silver Star. He became a street tech for a couple of years, and then started working black ops for a special teams working out of Microtech."

"From there, things get a little murkier. He has apparently hooked up romantically with Simon Hawkins. That would be the Simon Hawkins that came up with a hefty percentage of the basic nanotech and neuralware technology. The one that get's a percentage off of any cybertech made anywhere. Single richest man on the planet. Hawkins keeps a harem of both male and female lovers. The interesting thing is that there is no record prior to that of Montoya having any attraction to men. My bet is that he's been playbeinged."

"He's introduced a couple of things since then, though. Including the Phoenix weapon system. A modular weapon system that scales from a pistol to a battle rifle. Arasaka killed your sister because she was working for him. Meaning that they killed her because she was working for Hawkins."

"The paperwork Ramses got targeted the bar your sister was at as an insurgent strongpoint. That's everything. And you owe me. Even running a search on Montoya brought a dozen net angels down on my head. I got out clean, but somebody like that isn't going to take a piss without a dozen bodyguards."

"Now, I have a job for you. Simple job. Clear out a store, babysit a tech while he installs some equipment, and you and the rest of the team get to stay rent free and off the grid."
Old 10-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Spyke sits down and listen intently.

"Sounds like a good job for me right now. I'm glad you didn't have two much trouble getting the information. Only twelve angels? That wasn't even a challenge for you was it?" She smiles at Heaven with that. "I'd appreciate being let know if Montoya comes to the area. I have a few questions I'd like to ask him."

Sighing she asks, "When do I met the rest of the team? When do we go? Also may I ask what type of system?"

She sits back and listens.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Ailing Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfyreyes View Post
Spyke sits down and listen intently.

"Sounds like a good job for me right now. I'm glad you didn't have two much trouble getting the information. Only twelve angels? That wasn't even a challenge for you was it?" She smiles at Heaven with that. "I'd appreciate being let know if Montoya comes to the area. I have a few questions I'd like to ask him."

Sighing she asks, "When do I met the rest of the team? When do we go? Also may I ask what type of system?"

She sits back and listens.
"The twelve angels weren't much of a problem. The problem was the thirteenth, that walked through five layers of black ice and then penetrated my nanonics. I don't know how much it got, but it got something and left." she says, obviously just a little irritated.

Heaven continues "You meet the rest of the team tomorrow at 8am here. You will be leaving approximately an hour later. As far as what type of system, what do you know about quantum foam and quantum entanglement?"
Old 10-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

(I rolled a knowledge between a roll of 7 and IQ and Skill that was a 17.)

I don't know anything about either but I've heard the terms. I'd have to spend some time at the library to have a chance understanding it. I take it that the item has something to do with those subjects.