CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > CP2020: J is for Jovian

CP2020: J is for Jovian A Cyberpunk play-by-post administered by Baelfyre.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

The Leroy's Bar & Grill is filled with a haze of smoke, the smell of cooking meat. There is a huge neon menu above the bar, which provides most of the light in the bar, except for small lamps above most of the tables. The bar is crowded, and a little loud, but everybody seems to be behaving themselves. For now, anyway.

Behind the bar, there is a full conversion borg serving drinks and food. The waitresses are scantily clad, and what little they wear is tight enough to not hide much.

Like the fact that every single one of them is packing heat.

Conversation at the bar tell's Mahmoud that the borg is Leroy.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 AM
TinSoldier

Mahmoud walks up to the bar, a little awkwardly but he manages not to bump into or offend anybody.

"Give me a White Death please.

"Oh, and can you tell me where to find Heaven's office?"
Old 10-09-2008, 03:58 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

Leroy looks at him for a second, and laughs "Hoo boy, we got us a discriminatin' drinker here!", at which point he pours a shot of vodka for Mahmoud. Still chuckling, he says "Private room off the back there. Go on in."

As he walks off Mahmoud can still hear Leroy chuckling "White Death. Man, somebody is going to feed that white boy his own liver."

Heading back to the door, Mahmoud continues his policy of avoiding trouble, and enters without incident. Inside, he sees a room that is completely different from the rest of the place. It's clean, and well lit, with curtains on each wall. There are two men standing guard inside the door, and possibly the most beautiful woman he's ever seen sitting at a table in the center.

"So." She waves at the seat opposite her, and waits for him to sit down.

"What can I do for you today?"
Old 10-11-2008, 12:12 AM
TinSoldier

"Hello.

"My name is Mahmoud Khalid al A'ttar. I am looking for a place to stay and maybe for a job.

"Belinda Plax referred you -- she said that you may be able to help me."
Old 10-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Ailing Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinSoldier View Post
"Hello.

"My name is Mahmoud Khalid al A'ttar. I am looking for a place to stay and maybe for a job.

"Belinda Plax referred you -- she said that you may be able to help me."
"So. Belinda is an old client, and she called to say that you were coming over. Spoke quite highly of you, in fact. I have something for you. Something from... oh, about half a mile south of odd. There is a store in the Millenium Mall of the Americas. My client needs it cleared out, and a piece of equipment installed and monitored. Pay up front is low; I'll give you an SMG and you can stay in the store for six months rent free, as long as you monitor the equipment. During that time, I will also endeavor to find a way for you to deal with Mr. Twotrees." she says in a soft, musical voice. Mahmoud is rather distracted by the voice for a few moments.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:02 AM
TinSoldier

Mahmoud tries to snap out of his temporary fascination with Heaven and her voice. He is only partially successful.

"I'm sure that I've done worse things for shelter for six months so I'm sure that I will have little problem with this.

"Assuming that I'm not dodging bullets every day, God willing.

"As for Twotrees, well, revenge really isn't my thing. But I would like to be employable again, if I am so fortunate."
Old 10-13-2008, 02:31 AM
Ailing Ninja

Heaven replies "Good. We will go over details here tomorrow at 8am. I have arranged a room upstairs for you and the other prospects for this job."

At this point, for a split second Mahmoud's perceptions shift, as the entire world takes on a wire frame aspect, with lightning connecting everything in irregular flashes. The effect lasts only a moment, but is quite disconcerting.