CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > The Illumination of Madness

The Illumination of Madness BlueNinja's play-by-post game.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of
Exclamation The Preliminaries

For starters: Genius: The Transgression is a fan-written line as part of the new World of Darkness. The PDF of Genius rules is free to download; that and the core nWoD book are all that is required. A general familiarity with the other nWoD lines (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Hunter, Promethean) is helpful but not required. I have not yet decided on a firm number of player slots, but it will probably be between 4 and 8. More specifics on character creation will be posted later. The game will be play-by-post, with die roles done through http://invisiblecastle.com/ (it gives helpful URLs for dice rolls that are stored for several days). All PCs will be Geniuses, as written in the book; no other supernatural PCs are allowed at present.

I will be your friendly neighborhood GM, and welcome all interested parties to start reading through the Genius book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:44 PM

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

The campaign will begin in Las Vegas; whether characters are from there, or move, is up to them. Everyone will start with a small amount of XP (no more than 10) depending on their backstory/writeup (which can be spent as soon as a PC is approved). Two of the seven Merit dots will be assigned by me after character creation as a representation of what brought everyone to Vegas. I'm still going through some of the nWoD books, so when I'm done with that, I'll post up character creation guidelines.

Anyone who's read through the Genius book, who is interested in joining the game, feel free to post a 1-2 paragraph synopsis of your concept (including Peerage or rogue, and catalyst type). I encourage collaboration during chargen to make for a more connected party.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-20-2011, 02:35 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

How many people do you have?
Old 08-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

I'm interested, but it'll be late Tuesday/early Wednesday before I can even touch getting started. If that's all right, I'll plan on scanning the books and posting a concept then.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 PM

So far, I only have two people who've expressed definite interest (well, three with Bael). I will be putting up actual character creation guidelines this week.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Little dog in a big world

Cranky Dog is a splendid one to beholdCranky Dog is a splendid one to beholdCranky Dog is a splendid one to beholdCranky Dog is a splendid one to beholdCranky Dog is a splendid one to beholdCranky Dog is a splendid one to beholdCranky Dog is a splendid one to beholdCranky Dog is a splendid one to behold

Well if places are still available, I'm very willing to give it a shot.

Our last PbP Scion game didn't last past the intro scene.

Cranky Dog
"They called my opinion mad, mad I tell you, international!"