CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > The Foodies' Kitchen

The Foodies' Kitchen For discussion of recipes, restaurant experiences, cooking techniques, and anything else that can make us better Foodies!

Old 12-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Relentless

Stephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I'm a pho guy. My family is *not*.

Ramen, may be something to look at. When we are downtown for supper, we usually go for Sushi.. My wife is a fanatic, but I might try Kinton, next time I'm down there.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
I have to say I'm a pho guy. My family is *not*.

Ramen, may be something to look at. When we are downtown for supper, we usually go for Sushi.. My wife is a fanatic, but I might try Kinton, next time I'm down there.
Kinton is loud and cramped... it's good, but if you're on Baldwin, Ryu is a much better bet.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-08-2014, 12:21 AM
Relentless

Stephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be bloor and yonge for part of the week.. any suggestions?
Old 12-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
I'll be bloor and yonge for part of the week.. any suggestions?
Right at Yonge and Bloor? How far afield can you go? I don't know of any good places right there... If you can go down to Dundas, you can go to Santouka, Sansotei, or Kenzo.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Relentless

Yeah. I'm at a training course. Dundas is a bit far. This teacher won't let us have long lunches. If you have anything. It would be fun. Thanks
Old 12-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Radiation Romeo

Dude, you lucked out! Sansotei Ramen opened in the Yonge and Bloor area! They're a top-notch shop... 650 Yonge Street.

Last edited by Chimaera; 12-08-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:31 AM
sensitive clod

marmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to behold

If you like ramen, check out the movie Tampopo. It's one of my favorites.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
If you like ramen, check out the movie Tampopo. It's one of my favorites.
That was the film that provoked our adventures in ramen consumption. My wife had never seen the film, so I got it for us to watch during a trip to the cottage.