CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:46 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

David Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCowboy View Post
I hereby offer to stand in for Salah's punching needs. I think it unlikely they are better at it than I am. Possible, but unlikely.
Punchers seems to follow the motto, "if you are in a fair fight, you did something wrong." When we look at fights, we see they are relatively rarely 1vs1. Rather they are more often 1vs 2+. No matter how good you are, when you start calling for the other guy to be beat up, you are opening yourself up to being beaten up at least as often as you beat someone up.

David Argall
Old 10-25-2017, 01:52 AM
The unsullied one.

Ischade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Argall View Post
Punchers seems to follow the motto, "if you are in a fair fight, you did something wrong." When we look at fights, we see they are relatively rarely 1vs1. Rather they are more often 1vs 2+. No matter how good you are, when you start calling for the other guy to be beat up, you are opening yourself up to being beaten up at least as often as you beat someone up.
I know that there's nothing really ever hard in your life any more but someone of us know and value the struggle to make the world a better place.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:09 AM
Ridin' a starry range.

CosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Put your money where your mouth is. Come to TN and step in the ring with me.

Or...put up or shut up.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:08 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

David Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ischade View Post
I know that there's nothing really ever hard in your life any more but someone of us know and value the struggle to make the world a better place.
The point is not how devoted to your goal you may be, but the effectiveness of your tactics. Punching the other guy is going to be effective only when the other guy is a pretty sure loser anyway. Even then, martyrs are very useful to a cause. Recall how well the civil rights movement did from the blood of a few people. Beat up some Nazi and you call into question just who is the brutal monster here.
And as said, you are saying he has the same right to beat you up. You lose even before we ask if you won the fight. Which is in question. Our Nazi may be poorly trained, but that is more than most of the counter-protesters. So there is a serious chance you will suffer more than you make the other guy suffer.
But if you ignore the guy, what happens? Nothing. recall it has been 70 years since WW2, and the Nazi are still nothing. You are battling an illusion.

Quote:
Put your money where your mouth is. Come to TN and step in the ring with me.
Let's see... I am warning you the other guy outweighs you by 50 pounds of solid muscle, is far better trained than you, and his "cousin" is standing near where you will be off-balance as you climb into the ring, and he has a shiv he looks ready to use... And you want me to help the other guy?
Now I am likely of little help no matter which side of a physical fight I take, but it should be obvious you should avoid coming anywhere near that ring in any case.

David Argall
Old 10-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Ridin' a starry range.

CosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's see... I am warning you the other guy outweighs you by 50 pounds of solid muscle, is far better trained than you, and his "cousin" is standing near where you will be off-balance as you climb into the ring, and he has a shiv he looks ready to use... And you want me to help the other guy?
Now I am likely of little help no matter which side of a physical fight I take, but it should be obvious you should avoid coming anywhere near that ring in any case.
You're not warning me of anything. You're presenting me with an unlikely hypothetical in order to dodge a direct challenge.

Gonna give you a hint...you're not any more useful in a mental fight than a physical one.

Last time, put up or shut up.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:18 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
You're not warning me of anything. You're presenting me with an unlikely hypothetical in order to dodge a direct challenge.
And how is the challenge at all relevant?

David Argall
Old 10-27-2017, 02:54 PM
Resident Wizard

Windhaven is an evil overlordWindhaven is an evil overlordWindhaven is an evil overlordWindhaven is an evil overlordWindhaven is an evil overlord

David, how are you at all relevant?

As a permit holder, one of your goals should be to never have a law named after you

"Remember, the pen is mightier than the sword!"
"Tell you what. You, me, dark alley. You bring the pen."