CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > RPG Discussion Forums > Role-playing Games

Role-playing Games Any discussion of role-playing is welcome here: playing, gamemastering, even adventure design, no matter what system you play.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:39 PM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute
Default norse mythology PC concept question

my friend is starting up a post-faction war planescape 5e game. i'm super-excited, but could use a little help.

i have a character concept, a great old one tomelock, who's also a grifter, newly arrived to sigil looking to deceive a few and make some jink.

another PC will be a norse pantheon-following barbarian with a belief that ragnarok is imminent.

anyone have thoughts on a way to grift that? apparently, i'm just too much of a straight-arrow to think of anything fun & devious.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Relentless

Stephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond repute

to watch what happens. I never really got into planescape
Old 07-31-2017, 08:32 PM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

Selling fake talismans to keep people safe?

Trying to set him/herself up as one of the new gods after Ragnarok?

/Magnus
Old 08-02-2017, 06:46 AM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

i think i solved my dilemma.

the planescape adventure faction war completely upends the political scene in sigil. the factions are disbanded. the last time we played in this game, our PCs were the protagonists of that adventure.

this time around, the game starts days after the events of the faction war. there is a tremendous power vacuum and my PC, a human warlock 3 (great old one pact tome-lock) has arrived in sigil. having some familiarity with ragnarok, and knowing that sigil is a deity-free zone, he hatches a plan.

ragnarok can only happen if loki is free from his imprisonment. it's his actions that lead to the death of baldur, despite frigga's extracting the promise not to harm him from everything in creation.

it logically follows that those who wish to bring about the twilight of the gods would want to free him, whatever their reasoning.

so my character lets it be known that he knows how to find those who would release the god of mischief.

i haven't figured out the specifics of how he does yet, but that's the character arc.

what could go wrong?
Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 AM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Hitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud of

Find some Loki followers.