CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > The Inquisitives

The Inquisitives Rhakir's PBEM game.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:13 AM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future
Arrow Inquisitives Chat Thread [Chat]

I thought it might be useful to have one of these here to post non-essential information.

For starters, I now have a Pre-Op appointment for my shoulder scheduled for the 17th of January (much sooner than I expected it to be). The surgery itself should be scheduled for a week or two after that, but I won't know until I go to the Pre-Op assessment first. I'll let you all know what happens.

Necessity is the mother of moral reletivism...
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Here's hoping your shoulder is okay and requires the most minimal possible intervention.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute

I second that!

And I have a question. I've never done a play by email game before. How does that work?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future

Thank you. I hate hospitals and having surgery, but I need to get this done. <sigh> I appreciate the thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleNymph View Post
And I have a question. I've never done a play by email game before. How does that work?
I posted info about it in the Welcome thread, but here's the relevant bit about how the PBEM is supposed to work...
PBEM Info

Turns will be emailed weekly (barring unforeseen circumstances). That is, once a week (probably the weekend), I'll post the main Turn. During the week, we do character actions and whatnot, then summarise at the end of the week to include in the new Turn for the next week. It should be open enough to allow more or less time to advance the game, and I know real life often gets in the way, so I'm not going to worry about 'absolute' deadlines. However, if the game starts to lag, I reserve the right to move things along as necessary. This is, of course, all subject to change as necessary once we find a good rhythm for everyone. If we all have some time on our hands and the scenes move quickly, great! If not, we slow it down to let everyone have a chance to contribute.
We've had some discussion about how else this would be done, as far as posting the new Turns on this forum and/or using Google Docs (which I am liking how that works out, btw). Right now, I am working on some preludes for some of the characters via email and Google Docs that should bring them all together (at least for a little while) for the 'official' start of the game.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I'm an idiot for having missed it. Thank you Rhak.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finding Working via Google Docs pretty cool.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

I'm honestly really excited to read everyone's prologue story. It seems like we have such a disparate group, it can't help but be interesting.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Eerily quiet...

Default Preludes Posted!...

I have posted three of the preludes today! I will post the rest as soon as the scenes are finished and/or I have some feedback from the participants.

That means, if all goes well, Turn 1 won't be too far off.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Radiation Romeo

I'm enjoying the preludes thus far. I can't wait to read the rest of them
Old 01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Relentless

Stephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've received any other prelude but my own. or am I smoking something funky?