CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:44 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Whether Trump can resist the siren song of gun bans will be interesting to see
Old 10-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

David Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ischade View Post
why not let him make his case and then die screaming under any sort of review?
It is not a matter of Letting. It is a matter of us having to pay him to make propaganda for one side. The umpire is wanting to do the pitching as well. We routinely decide that he can't be a good umpire under those conditions. Now he can do all the pitching he wants, but he has to accept the label of partisan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ischade View Post
Basically what I'm getting at here is that the NRA's actions were not less authoritarian here
Authoritarian? Private citizens petition their government not to spend their money in ways that they don't like? That's quite the opposite of authoritarian. I suppose you might deem it anarchy, but to call it authoritarian is to label virtually every liberal [or other] group as authoritarian.

David Argall
Old 10-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Whether Trump can resist the siren song of gun bans will be interesting to see
His base hates gun bans. He will serve them to the bitter end.

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 10-11-2017, 10:16 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had your confidence, he doesn't fill me with it
Old 10-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wish I had your confidence, he doesn't fill me with it
He filled you with enough confidence to vote for him.

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 10-13-2017, 01:12 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

'Confidence enough to vote for him' is a remarkably low standard of confidence, all it takes is me thinking him being better than the other guy is more likely than the other guy being better than him. Theres some uncertainty involved, including the very real risk that guess what, both Trump AND Clinton are horrible choices

So, the fear that Trump will decide that gun control is an AWESOME idea is very real

I've made posts like this

http://forum.criticalfumble.net/show...&postcount=525

Or this

http://forum.criticalfumble.net/show...&postcount=570

I don't think I've made ringing endorsements. In fact, I had discussed ways Trump could have earned my ringing endorsement and flat out refused to do so

So no, I do not feel at all confident
Old 10-13-2017, 05:07 AM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Quote:
'Confidence enough to vote for him' is a remarkably low standard of confidence, all it takes is me thinking him being better than the other guy is more likely than the other guy being better than him. Theres some uncertainty involved, including the very real risk that guess what, both Trump AND Clinton are horrible choices

So, the fear that Trump will decide that gun control is an AWESOME idea is very real

I've made posts like this

http://forum.criticalfumble.net/show...&postcount=525

Or this

http://forum.criticalfumble.net/show...&postcount=570

I don't think I've made ringing endorsements. In fact, I had discussed ways Trump could have earned my ringing endorsement and flat out refused to do so

So no, I do not feel at all confident
Kal, if there is one thing Trump knows, it isn’t how to keep his base satisfied. His base loves guns. Both of his sons are gun nuts. This is one thing, one very small almost insignificant thing, that I can’t say with a fair degree of confidence, that you don’t need to worry about.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:01 AM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

i find your trust in trump's faithfulness odd, olde bean. i agree re: net effect mind; just mot the driver.