CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > The Foodies' Kitchen

The Foodies' Kitchen For discussion of recipes, restaurant experiences, cooking techniques, and anything else that can make us better Foodies!

Old 01-06-2016, 04:48 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

huxredux will become famous soon enoughhuxredux will become famous soon enough
Default Portabello mushroom caps

Did this one tonight with the greatest idea ever -- bacon. Two strips set aside the cap, flipped upside down. Spices put on top of the crevices you find on the bottom of the cap (so the mushroom is upside down), put a lid on and turned the oven onto the lowest heat that isn't just regular simmering. This helps render the fat on the bacon without cooking it too much before there's a lot of bacon fat coating the pan.

13 minutes. Removed lid. Flipped bacon and cap. Turned to medium heat for 4 minutes. Done. Put on onion bun, dressings of choice (mayo and spicy cheese for me).

The thing I really liked was how much the cap absorbs flavor. Unlike a burger, the cap really tasted bacony. (not that I dislike bacon cheeseburgers, mind -- but this was really quite good unto itself)