CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Bastards & Broadswords

Bastards & Broadswords Origen's D&D 5E campaign.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gronk and Selsdrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Selsdrin Everhar, you manage to make your way into the city with the last group of travelers before they close the gates for the night. The trudging walk across the plain to the front gate, even in the last light of the setting sun, is hell. It feels as if the sun is literally beating your head. You can hear Corellon Larethian laughing in his burning chariot as it rides across the sky toward evening. You don't have the strength to curse him.

As night unfolds, your comfort returns. This is your element. You move comfortably from shadow to shadow, moving through the city as its normal inhabitants might find their way during the day.

In a square, you find a faire. Entertainers, jugglers, fire-breathers, acrobats, pickpockets, mind-readers, fortune tellers and knife-throwers mingle with hawkers of meat pies, pastries, and beer brewers selling their wares. It is a sickening cornucopia of smells and sounds.

You need someone to watch your back up here. Your eyes scan the crowd. Then, you see him.

He is one of the most enormous ogres you've ever seen. He looks to be a half-breed, because he is faster and more agile than a normal ogre. But he has all of their power and brute strength. In a wooden bowl, people have tossed a few coppers as he impresses them by lifting a log with screaming children high above his head, until one of their mothers shrieks and makes him put the log down. But once that mother has led her daughter away by the ear, another group of street kids has lined up to watch him heft logs, large pieces of broken masonry or a sizable anvil donated by a nearby blacksmith.

[Everhar, meet Gronk 2.0]
Selsdrin reached into his pouch and gripped the bronze coin so tightly that it hurt. He approached the huge creature as it lifted an anvil over its head one-handed. He tossed the coin into its bowl with his left hand, his spider ring prominently displayed on the third finger. No telling how many hints the big brute would take.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 11-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Worst. Post. Ever.

Paulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Selsdrin reached into his pouch and gripped the bronze coin so tightly that it hurt. He approached the huge creature as it lifted an anvil over its head one-handed. He tossed the coin into its bowl with his left hand, his spider ring prominently displayed on the third finger. No telling how many hints the big brute would take.
Normally Gronk wouldn't have given Selsdrin a second look but something about his ring seemed familiar. "Why you wear spider ring?"

Why garlic you ask? Garlic don't need no stinkin' reason. - Alton Brown

Nobody dies a virgin. Life fucks us all in the end.-
Kurt Kobain.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Selsdrin was not surprised the brute could talk, after a fashion. That it could identify the ring of its masters was a happy coincidence.

Selsdrin held the ring and the matching figure on the bronze coin side by side.

"We are of the Places Below. You will smash for us. We will say when. We will say where."

He waited a moment for the spark of recognition to light in the half-ogre barbarian's dull pig-stupid eyes, then put the coin and ring away.

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Worst. Post. Ever.

Paulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant futurePaulypalooza has a brilliant future

Quote:
Selsdrin was not surprised the brute could talk, after a fashion. That it could identify the ring of its masters was a happy coincidence.

Selsdrin held the ring and the matching figure on the bronze coin side by side.

"We are of the Places Below. You will smash for us. We will say when. We will say where."

He waited a moment for the spark of recognition to light in the half-ogre barbarian's dull pig-stupid eyes, then put the coin and ring away.
Gronk's face screwed itself up into a expression of thought, a small feat for him. So the elf wanted to hire him. Gronk had no need for money he and his kind could live off the land for untold years without ever entering civilization as it was. The only reason he was in Critfublia was because he seeked the man who put a price on his head. Emperor Excelsior Dragor. Gronk did not know why he or his family were hunted, he only knew that he intended to kill the Emperor before the hunt was completed.

He had only heard the name spoken as he could not read but a name was enough to get him started. Or at least thats what he once thought.

While Gronk could track a Falcon on a cloudy day, or a horse over rock he could not find any sign of Dragor. He had searched for many moons now and was no better off now than when he started. Perhaps the elf knew him. "Gronk looking for Excelsior Dragor. If you help Gronk find him Gronk go with you.

Kurt Kobain.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulypalooza View Post
Perhaps the elf knew him. "Gronk looking for Excelsior Dragor. If you help Gronk find him Gronk go with you."
Selsdrin looked up at the ugly hulk's face. "What will Gronk do with this 'Excelsior Dragor' when Gronk finds him?"

-Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Mouser; 12-01-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Worst. Post. Ever.

Quote:
Selsdrin looked up at the ugly hulk's face. "What will Gronk do with this 'Excelsior Dragor' when Gronk finds him?"

Gonk smash Dragor! Gronk punctuated his statement by slamming the anvil he was currently lifting into the ground breaking off the horn.

Kurt Kobain.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Gonk smash Dragor! Gronk punctuated his statement by slamming the anvil he was currently lifting into the ground breaking off the horn.
"Agreed! If Gronk will swear an oath of fealty to me, Sir Selsdrin Everhar, Envoy of the Everdark, then I, Selsdrin Everhar, will swear that if Gronk will follow all of my orders and assist me in my mission, once I have completed my mission, I will help Gronk find Excelsior Dragor."

He pointed to the ground before him. "Place your weapons here and kneel at my feet, and I shall take you into my service."

-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Worst. Post. Ever.

Quote:
"Agreed! If Gronk will swear an oath of fealty to me, Sir Selsdrin Everhar, Envoy of the Everdark, then I, Selsdrin Everhar, will swear that if Gronk will follow all of my orders and assist me in my mission, once I have completed my mission, I will help Gronk find Excelsior Dragor."

He pointed to the ground before him. "Place your weapons here and kneel at my feet, and I shall take you into my service."
Gronk drew his war hammer and hefted it. Stepping forward so that he towered over Selsdrin looking down upon the elf he growled.

"Gronk kneel before no man least of all small elf."

Kurt Kobain.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Gronk drew his war hammer and hefted it. Stepping forward so that he towered over Selsdrin looking down upon the elf he growled.

"Gronk kneel before no man least of all small elf."
Selsdrin stood his ground, uncowed by the huge half-ogre before him.

"If you wish to find Excelsior Dragor, you will take your weapon from my hand and swear to put it only where I tell you. You know who and what I am. You know what I have promised. You take the oath or I walk. You will never have a better chance."

Selsdrin pointed again at the ground before him.

-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Worst. Post. Ever.

Quote:
Selsdrin stood his ground, uncowed by the huge half-ogre before him.

"If you wish to find Excelsior Dragor, you will take your weapon from my hand and swear to put it only where I tell you. You know who and what I am. You know what I have promised. You take the oath or I walk. You will never have a better chance."

Selsdrin pointed again at the ground before him.
"Gronk kneel to no man or elf!" Gronk struck the ground with his hammer where Selsdrin pointed to make his point.

Kurt Kobain.