CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Bastards & Broadswords

Bastards & Broadswords Origen's D&D 5E campaign.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:05 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
The dwarf looks at you, and nods.

"Well said, human. I wouldn't say trust, exactly. But when the time comes to fulfill your oath, nothing will be hidden. No secret terms, no surprise clauses, no lies, no deceptions, no suicide pact. You will know exactly what I am asking, and why. That is my promise. And my request will be selfish, but not to the detriment of anyone save my enemies. And those will be few, rather than many.

"Are my terms acceptable?"
"Yes. You have my oath."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

[OOC: I'd like to get things moving, so unless Fan or Rooker wants to ask about something specifically, or do any RP-ing, let's get you guys to the recruiting station]

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 12-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

[OOC: I'm down]
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Ninja Hyena

Archaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Even amongst the liberal and knowledge-preserving dwarves, there are probably priests of Moradin who would burn down this entire temple just to cleanse the ground of this book's presence.

If you were to rearrange the words of the title page, it would read, "On the Mortification of the Flesh, and Other Paths to Ascension."
Xiong Fan has never been allowed access to such a text before, though he believes himself both ready and worthy. He handles the codex with reverence.

"I am ready," he says to himself, in the tongue of the east, "I am." His tone is meant to be reassuring, confident. It sounds nervous.

He will dig through his pack before he even opens the "Mortification" text, producing a quill and ink, a parchment (well scraped), and a thick lexicon he...liberated...from a library some years back. He also removes his own spellbook, a thin, volume more empty than not. In it, he knows he will find scribbled notes on conjuration and scraps of information concerning the Darkness, gleaned from comments made by his master, asides in other texts, dreams that filled his own slumbering head.

Ready, he will open the text. Hours will pass, until at last he feels the burden of the body impinging upon him. Hunger first, but thirst more pressing, and in time he will rise and look about, bleary eyed and thick headed with effort of puzzling over pages of dense, nearly untranslatable text.

"I wonder if the dwarves have bacon," he mutters as he stows his precious materials back into his pack.

[ooc: ready to move along as needed]
Old 12-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

[OOC: Let's just fast forward to the recruitment place. I could logically connect the library and the recruitment, but let's just handwave that. I'd like to get the group together. You two are looking for a job, money, or something to take you a little farther north. Rooker, you believe that somewhere north is the next step toward attainment of the 3rd Way. Fan, you spotted an agent of your former Master in the market and - especially with this book now in your possession - would like to put a little distance between the two of you.]

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert