View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 06:46 AM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

i think i solved my dilemma.

the planescape adventure faction war completely upends the political scene in sigil. the factions are disbanded. the last time we played in this game, our PCs were the protagonists of that adventure.

this time around, the game starts days after the events of the faction war. there is a tremendous power vacuum and my PC, a human warlock 3 (great old one pact tome-lock) has arrived in sigil. having some familiarity with ragnarok, and knowing that sigil is a deity-free zone, he hatches a plan.

ragnarok can only happen if loki is free from his imprisonment. it's his actions that lead to the death of baldur, despite frigga's extracting the promise not to harm him from everything in creation.

it logically follows that those who wish to bring about the twilight of the gods would want to free him, whatever their reasoning.

so my character lets it be known that he knows how to find those who would release the god of mischief.

i haven't figured out the specifics of how he does yet, but that's the character arc.

what could go wrong?