View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

((I'm going to say that the arms delivery will occur at a dock, instead of at sea. Logistically, this makes a bit more sense to me. Since there isn't a good way to tell that the vehicles are armed or armored from casual nighttime inspection, it's safe to just have them dropped off.))

About five idle minutes pass before Dee Dee catches up to you with Zack in tow. You sense an undercurrent of tension between them, though it doesn't show at all on either of their faces. The trip to the docks is uneventful, but tensions boil over a little bit while you wait for the delivery to arrive.

"So you just sent him back to Memphis like that?" Dee Dee asks Zack, obviously picking up a prior conversation.

"I felt it was the best thing to do, lass," Zack replies. "The Prince was acting a mite bit irrationally last night. Erik was known to be a brood mate of Jack's. I don't know if she'd have lashed out at him, too, but there was enough of a chance that the principle of 'better safe than sorry' seemed a wise course to follow."

"Assuming Erik wasn't a raging Aspie case like Jack, I don't think it would have been an issue. Not unless Erik made it one himself."

"That might've happened, too," Zack admits. "I get the sense that Erik hasn't spent too much time at court, like most Gangrel, but even he knew how big an overreaction that was."

"It's certainly not what I would have done, but there's no place for the witless and the insubordinate in a time of war, either."

"Insubordinate, was he? Just for not answering you when you were needling him?"

"I was reminding him that he needed to watch what he said. I mean, he compared one of the Justicars to Hitler, in a city with German Prince, while holding a bug that several of the Justicar's blood bound offspring are psychically attuned to." The Sheriff motions vigorously to reinforce that last clause. "A bug that I had to explain to him three different times in the space of a few minutes that that was one of its functions. Dude was a loose-tongued moron with ADD, at least when he wasn't being an insubordinate clam."

"Neither of those things is a capital crime."

"Maybe not, but letting your gums flap sure as hell is a good way to get people killed." Zack harrumphs and is about to have more say when Dee Dee cuts him off.

"No, no. We're not talking about this any more. Done is done, and we've got a ton of stuff to do tonight."

"You brought it up this time, lass."

"That's right, and I'm ending it, too." The Sheriff takes a deep breath and turns to you. "Sorry, this is no time to lose focus. It'll be your show when the shipment arrives. Is there anything specific you'll need either me or Zack to do once it does?"