CriticalFumble.net Forums

CriticalFumble.net Forums (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/index.php)
-   Immortal Desires (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The pickup (Jake, Wed. 4/4/07) (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25024)

Detritus 06-02-2010 03:00 PM

The pickup (Jake, Wed. 4/4/07)

After your dismissal from the master bedroom, it doesn't take long for you catch up with the Seneschal.

"Ah, you are looking for the cash, yes? Everything is in order for the delivery, then?"

Chimaera 06-02-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detritus (Post 363152)
After your dismissal from the master bedroom, it doesn't take long for you catch up with the Seneschal.

"Ah, you are looking for the cash, yes? Everything is in order for the delivery, then?"

"Indeed. I've got my back-up lined up and the location is set. I just need the cash and I can go and complete the transaction."

Detritus 06-04-2010 02:17 AM

Bonnie signals for you to follow her, and she leads you to a second-floor room that's about halfway in size between the master bedroom and Bobby's room. It's large enough to have a walk-in closet, and Bonnie enters, presumably to retrieve the cash for tonight's transaction. The room is pretty tidy; there's a simple but well-crafted dresser with a bottle of Chanel No. 5 and several strings of pearls on top of it, and a queen-size bed made up with linen sheets and a couple of thin blankets.

Chimaera 06-04-2010 10:35 AM

((Do you have dice rolls? Jake's got a twitchy urge and he's acutely aware that it would be a distinctly bad idea right now...))

EDIT -- ((Actually, scratch that -- Jake takes a peep around the room, then, as he looks about nonchalantly, appreciating his surroundings Toreador style, he'll filch a string of pearls.))

Detritus 06-04-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimaera (Post 363456)
((Do you have dice rolls? Jake's got a twitchy urge and he's acutely aware that it would be a distinctly bad idea right now...))

EDIT -- ((Actually, scratch that -- Jake takes a peep around the room, then, as he looks about nonchalantly, appreciating his surroundings Toreador style, he'll filch a string of pearls.))

((OK, he's able to do so pretty easily. Bonnie re-emerges from the walk-in closet with a briefcase about 20 seconds after the pilfering.))

"Here we are," she says, opening the briefcase. "The agreed upon amount. Good luck." The Seneschal closes the briefcase and hands it to you, none the wiser about anything that has just happened in the bedroom, to the best of your ability to determine.

Chimaera 06-04-2010 02:28 PM

Jake nods acknowledgment and goes to round up/wait for the rest of his crew.

Detritus 06-06-2010 05:10 AM

((I'm going to say that the arms delivery will occur at a dock, instead of at sea. Logistically, this makes a bit more sense to me. Since there isn't a good way to tell that the vehicles are armed or armored from casual nighttime inspection, it's safe to just have them dropped off.))

About five idle minutes pass before Dee Dee catches up to you with Zack in tow. You sense an undercurrent of tension between them, though it doesn't show at all on either of their faces. The trip to the docks is uneventful, but tensions boil over a little bit while you wait for the delivery to arrive.

"So you just sent him back to Memphis like that?" Dee Dee asks Zack, obviously picking up a prior conversation.

"I felt it was the best thing to do, lass," Zack replies. "The Prince was acting a mite bit irrationally last night. Erik was known to be a brood mate of Jack's. I don't know if she'd have lashed out at him, too, but there was enough of a chance that the principle of 'better safe than sorry' seemed a wise course to follow."

"Assuming Erik wasn't a raging Aspie case like Jack, I don't think it would have been an issue. Not unless Erik made it one himself."

"That might've happened, too," Zack admits. "I get the sense that Erik hasn't spent too much time at court, like most Gangrel, but even he knew how big an overreaction that was."

"It's certainly not what I would have done, but there's no place for the witless and the insubordinate in a time of war, either."

"Insubordinate, was he? Just for not answering you when you were needling him?"

"I was reminding him that he needed to watch what he said. I mean, he compared one of the Justicars to Hitler, in a city with German Prince, while holding a bug that several of the Justicar's blood bound offspring are psychically attuned to." The Sheriff motions vigorously to reinforce that last clause. "A bug that I had to explain to him three different times in the space of a few minutes that that was one of its functions. Dude was a loose-tongued moron with ADD, at least when he wasn't being an insubordinate clam."

"Neither of those things is a capital crime."

"Maybe not, but letting your gums flap sure as hell is a good way to get people killed." Zack harrumphs and is about to have more say when Dee Dee cuts him off.

"No, no. We're not talking about this any more. Done is done, and we've got a ton of stuff to do tonight."

"You brought it up this time, lass."

"That's right, and I'm ending it, too." The Sheriff takes a deep breath and turns to you. "Sorry, this is no time to lose focus. It'll be your show when the shipment arrives. Is there anything specific you'll need either me or Zack to do once it does?"

Chimaera 06-07-2010 12:36 AM

"The transaction should go smoothly -- I know this guy and I let him know that if he plays his cards right, he stands to do well for himself in terms of repeat business. That said, keep your eyes open and all of that obvious stuff I likely don't need to mention. You guys play the muscle while I check out our goods and then we drive off with our stuff. This should be pretty straightforward."

Detritus 06-08-2010 03:48 PM

"OK, can do," Dee Dee says. Zack gives a nod of his head after a look from the Sheriff.

A few more minutes pass, and you start getting the sense of being watched. You're able to study your companions for a bit when the feeling first begins to come over you, and when you do, you see that Zack isn't really affected by whatever it is you're feeling, but Dee Dee occasionally glances towards the sky, and makes the occasional sweeping look behind her.

Then you hear the sounds of the vessel bearing the delivery as it begins its approach to the dock, and the feeling goes away. Docking is a procedure of 15 minutes or so from the time you first hear of the ship's approach. A hefty boom with cabling for a large winch stands near the stern, presumably directly over a cargo elevator. A gangplank lowers to the pier, and then Mick comes down by himself.

"Ah, you brought friends," he says, then breaks out in a grin and his eyes flick to Zack for an instant. "Your date seems a little on the hairy side."

Chimaera 06-09-2010 09:59 AM

Jake grins back.

"Oh he's not my date, he's the friend with the 'nice personality' that I brought for you."

As Jake approaches, he engages in the customary complex fist-bumping greeting ritual.

"Good to see you again. Everything ready to go?"